Friday, November 23, 2007

Explanation Of "Jewels From Junk"

November 23, 2007
Welcome to the very first entry in "Jewels From Junk"!
I should begin with an explanation of the title.
It is a combination of who I am and what I do.
Who I am: I am a Christian. God took the junk that I was and made me into a jewel. His jewel. He loves me and taught me to love myself and others.
What I do: I take the junk left by the world and create jewels in the form of art. This is my passion and also my purpose.

I have been amazed in my journey with Jesus. Questions answered, prayers answered and it will take many posts here to get it all out. And it does have to come out, here and in my art. I prayed for quite some time for God to tell me what my purpose was. I knew He had something for me to do for Him. "Everyone and everything has a purpose" He finally answered. Well, I already knew that! It took awhile to realize what He was telling me. He tends to tell me things that seem so simple on the surface, but that have a deeper meaning when I think on them a while. It brings us closer when I seek His guidance. What He was saying was, the "everything" was the junk I'd been hording for years just knowing I could do SOMETHING with it! My purpose is finally known!!!!!! ...................O.K. Now What??

No comments: