Friday, December 7, 2007

Follow The Leader


Some days seem more inspired than others and I find myself lead to share this one.
I had such an organized plan for this blog! Oh well. I'll just follow "The Leader", after all, it's all for Him.
The other day, I took our camera's memory card to have all the photos saved to a disk for backup. I put it in the machine and all of our photos loaded up on the screen. As I stood there watching the familiar pictures pass before my eyes, I thought I saw something I'd not noticed before, but it was gone before I could be sure and then I forgot about it. Untill this morning when He reminded me to look.
In September, my husband and I and some dear friends headed to a cabin in Telico Plains for a long awaited vacation to clear our minds, bond with each other, praise God, and wallow in His glory and presence. It was perfect and it was beautiful! We were blessed in so many ways. We took our brand new camera with us to record the whole experience including 2 gorgeous sunrises. One was pretty but not so colorful. The other was extraordinarily colorful. God certainly showed His glory that morning! But I must admit I didn't look too close at the photos of the not so colorful one, but as I watched them come across that screen, I thought I saw something interesting. And now that I have had a chance to look at them closely I have confirmed what I thought I saw. I am now awestruck at the revelations. Want to know what's there in the photos?
First, let me share what I "see".
God is always there. He's there even when things are not so "colorful". He's there when things seem ordinary. He's there when things are difficult or even impossible. He's there even when we aren't thinking about Him.
He told me one time that by placing my life in His hands, He would have His hands in my life.
How can I not be aware of that at every moment?
Then He leaves a little reminder, like the photo, and speaks through it telling us that He is always there if we just look and trust Him.
Thank You Father, for showing me, for leading as you do, for revealing yourself in the ordinary.
O.K. Now, click on the picture above to get the larger image. Look in the forground at the largest tree. There, near the top is an image of the cross on a hill. It's visible in every photo I took that morning.

No comments: