Monday, December 17, 2007

I Can See Clearly Now

A picture truly is worth a thousand words. But I've been thinking about writers and the words they find to truly get a message across. God Himself used words as well as His creations to make Himself known and seen. But today I'm impressed by writers. How do you do it?! I have tried 3 times to express in words what this photo is making me feel and each time I find that I cannot do it justice. So today my gratitude goes out to writers, writers of song lyrics and books and poetry, the written word. I love to read and find pure amazement in that ability.

To me this photo of the sun rising brings to mind Faith, Trust and Love.

I know that the sun is about to top this mountain. I am counting on it. I depend on it and I am excited about it because I know it's going to happen any second.

That's how I feel about God. I know He is here with me. I depend on Him. I am excited to know that He loves me and has control of my life. And I know that He will do what is best for me.

I bring this to the blog today because it was on my heart. We are in retail and it's the last week before Christmas and I was allowing myself to get a little on edge about getting all the work done. We do picture framing in our shop as well as selling other kinds of things, glass, artwork, collectibles, gifts, things like that. I draw portraits too. The fear of not getting the orders done on time, supplies not getting here on time, all the things that could go wrong were worrying me. Not anymore. The Lord blessed us with the orders and I have faith He will help me see things through. As I know that the sun will rise, as I know that God is with me, all is well.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, blessed Christmas. And may we all remember the true reason for it.

Merrry CHRISTmas!

No comments: