Friday, May 30, 2008

Church Families, everyone needs one!



As you may or may not know, my hubbies youngest son is in the Marines, deployed to Afganistan right now. He is 18 years old and has known he wanted to be a marine for years. He left for boot camp just a few days after graduation in 2007. He turned 18 just a few days after boot camp graduation. He is an amazing young man and we miss him terribly. But we know that God is with him and trust Him to keep him safe.

At our church business meeting a couple of weeks ago, Theresa said God had put it on her heart that the church should adopt a soldier and she made the motion that it should be Christopher. Rick and I were speechless and teared up immediately. What do you say? How do you express gratitude for the kindness our Father shows? The motion passed unanimously.

This past Sunday, Rick and I were asked to make the morning announcements, including the decision to adopt Christopher. Rick asked if I would do that part. I was honored but not too confident that I was able to express the heartfelt thanks it deserved.

Christophers first care package from the church is being mailed next week. It's being filled by the congregation.

How very precious our church family is in so many ways. You should find yourself one if you don't have one. I am so very blessed that they have adopted Rick and I as well as Christopher.

No comments: