Monday, December 24, 2007

CHRISTmas Eve Day

Well, the orders are completed and picked up. The store is quiet for the moment. I have one more customer coming to pick up an antique glider at 1:00 and that leaves me with a few free minutes to post unless a customer comes in.
I am sooooo excited. First the Lord introduces me to Somerset Studio Magazine. That was true love! Then I found ClothPaperScissors . I learned I am not the only one doing what I do and I discovered so many wonderful techniques and artists and ideas. Oh My! There is a whole world out there that I fit into perfectly. I didn't think it could get any better.
But I have now learned that there are "Artist Challenge" sites. Each week, a challenge is issued......

OK. Let's try this again. I started this post Christmas Eve day and now it's the day after Christmas. Our store was blessed! Last year we sold nothing on Christmas Eve!
So, where was I? Oh yes. I had no idea those magazines even existed until this summer. I was so excited (and obsessed!) Then while surfing other blogs, I learned there are artist challenges. Each week someone issues a challenge with a word or phrase or something and you create a piece of art expressing it. I decided to take it a step further by challenging myself to see it I could take each challenge and bring Jesus into it. I was a bit worried after visiting the site and looking over all the past challenges but had decided to try. THEN, God led me to SALT. The challenges are ALREADY FOR HIM!
I'm am soooo there! I think the next challenge is issued THIS Friday. I can't wait.
So look for my future Salt results! If I have the time I think I'll still try to do the other one too, after all the word is CHALLENGE right?

No comments: