Friday, January 18, 2008

Where I've Been

I am just about to bust with love and peace and joy and thankfulness. Last time I was here, I shared with you the opening of my new etsy store. Today I would like to share with you my experiences there the last couple of weeks. Not only has my store opened and received lots of traffic, I made my first sale. Not the artwork as hoped, but a sale none the less. My friends know I just love stuff of all kinds and love to sell it in my store and now on Etsy too. But what I really wanted to share with you is my experience as a buyer. Etsy is a whole new thing, and yet feels like a thing from the past. Let me explain. Once you become familiar with how it works, you step into a shop you pick by the name or contents or color or whatever attracts you and you realize you've stepped into another place and time. A time when you were greeted by the merchant and and you are surrounded by things that grab your attention. Things made with love and attention to detail. Things that inspire you. Things that make you feel all is well in the simple life. Things that make you realize what we can do and how we can live. A step back in time when men and women made things to sell and trade. Pretty things, useful things.
I don't know if anyone else has the same experience as I have. But I know that I have met some pretty nice people that I'd like you to meet.
My first purchase was from http://www.charminglee.etsy.com/
You can hear the kindness in her descriptions and in her conversations. Don't you like to buy from someone who is polite and friendly and happy to help you? Not gonna find that in wallyworld. Then yesterday I "met" http://www.lindaleighshoppe.etsy.com
She too was like talking to a neighbor! (Pray for her, she's recovering from surgery : )
I guess what I'm trying to say is SHOP ETSY! It's a whole new/old experience. If you are going to buy a gift or want something unique, Why not buy from the good old independant shopkeeper?

No comments: