Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Look and see....with your eyes closed

Sometimes, we just have to take a close look and see what we are doing. I have felt so out of sorts lately. Amazingly happy and blessed beyond belief, but unable to feel any sense of accomplishment. There are just so many directions to go, all of them appealing. But I was not getting very far down each path before turning back and heading down another one. Easily distracted you could say. That make sense?
So, yesterday afternoon I snagged a couple of hours, poured a glass of cold lemonade, grabbed the camera and headed for the deck. I forced myself to clear my mind and asked the Lord for some of His peace. Which He granted.
Within moments, I discovered all I needed was to be still and spend some extra special time with Him. I layed my head back, closed my eyes and snuggled up and He was there. Here are the simple thoughts that brought tears of joy to my eyes as I felt His presense and His love surround me.
*******************
I can't see you, but I know you are here.
*
I can smell you.
I smell you in the coming rain and in the flowers and trees that are around me.
*
I feel you.
I feel you in the cool breeze blowing through my hair and in the warm sun upon my face.
*
I hear you.
I hear you making music with the leaves in the trees and in the birds you send to comfort me.
*
I can't see you with my eyes, but I see you and I'm so glad you are here with me.
Thank you Lord and I Love you too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told you so, I knew you could write. LOL : ) Sis